No matter how painful your decision has been, as long as you can sleep well at night, it means that you made the right decision.
Sometimes you have to be strong for yourself. You have to know that you’re a good person and a good friend.
What’s meant to be will end up good and what’s not- won’t.
Love is worth fighting for, but sometimes you can’t be the only one fighting. At times, people need to fight for you. If they don’t, you just have to move on and realize what you gave them was more than they were willing to give you.
Have you ever been in a situation where your “gut feeling” told you one thing, but your rational mind said another? If you went with your brain rather than your intuition, there’s a good chance you ended up regretting your decision. Your intuition is the subconscious leader that many people fail to give proper respect to. But learning to listen to this internal compass could help you make better decisions and live a more fulfilling life.
“I define intuition as the subtle knowing without ever having any idea why you know it,” explains Sophy Burnham, bestselling author of The Art of Intuition, to The Huffington Post. “It’s different from thinking, it’s different from logic or analysis … It’s a knowing without knowing.”
It’s unconscious reasoning, the guidance that compels you to turn left when all signs may be pointing right. It’s often the whisper inside that can lead you to the best results possible, if you will just learn to let go and give it a chance.
Intuition is commonly associated with New Age mysticism or a metaphysical way of thinking, but it doesn’t have to be so. Our intuition was here long before anyone even gave a word to it, and it will be here long after other fad words expire.
“There is a growing body of anecdotal evidence, combined with solid research efforts, that suggests intuition is a critical aspect of how we humans interact with our environment and how, ultimately, we make many of our decisions,” said Ivy Estabrooke of the Office of Naval Research, who is investigating the power of intuition which has helped troops make important and quick decisions during combat.
Whether it’s deciding which job to take, which direction to turn when you’re lost, or how to handle a conflict in your family, intuition sometimes knows better than the rational mind. The problem is that many of us have buried that little voice so deeply within, we have a hard time hearing or feeling where it is guiding us.
The good news is that your intuition is still there, you merely have to learn to hear it again.
To better listen to your intuition, try:
1. Meditation: Spend time in silence, simply listening.
2. Commune with nature: Aim to get at least sometime outside every single day.
3. Creativity: Tap into your internal artist by drawing, writing, painting, or making music.
4. Learn to listen: In general, listen to friends, families, silence, and yourself.
5. Be body conscious: Learn to appreciate the little signs and signals from your body, when it tells you it’s tired, joyful, in need of love, or getting sick.
6. Let go: Warm up to the idea that you don’t have to control everything. Life is going to happen whether you overthink it or not. Relax.
7. Stay positive: A 2013 study in the journal Psychological Science found that being in a good mood boosted participant’s abilities to make intuitive calls in a word game. So smile!
Working on becoming more intuitive requires you to adopt healthier habits and a healthier mindset. These are things that are good for your mental, emotional, and physical wellbeing, no matter your end goal. And if cultivated regularly, they could lend themselves to better decision making and more happiness overall.
Credits: Elizabeth Renter of naturalsociety.com, where this was originally featured.
निस्संदेह आज प्रदूषण मानव जाति के लिए सबसे बड़ा खतरा बन चुका है। लेकिन पर्यावरण में होने वाले इस प्रदूषण के अलावा, एक और प्रदूषण हमारे चारों ओर फैल रहा है। यह है विचारों का प्रदूषण। कुछ चिकित्सा विशेषज्ञों के अनुसार, मानव मस्तिष्क में प्रति मिनट तकरीबन 40 विचार उत्पन्न होते हैं, यानी 2,400 विचार प्रति घंटा। ऐसे हालात में हमें ‘असीमित विचारों और सीमित समाधान’ जैसी असामान्य समस्या का सामना करना पड़ता है, जिसकी वजह से अधिकांश लोग तनाव और चिंता के शिकार बन जाते हैं। तो क्या इसका अर्थ यह हुआ कि हमारे विचार हमारे मन के अंदर भीड़ बढ़ा रहे हैं? क्या इस समस्या से उबरने के लिए हम केवल ऐसे विचार नहीं रख सकते, जो हमारे मन में सद्भाव व खुली जगह बनाएं? जितना हम अपने विचारों की गुणवत्ता में सुधार लाएंगे, उतना हमारे मन के भीतर शुद्धता और सौहार्द का निर्माण होगा। इस कठिन लक्ष्य को ‘राजयोग’ की सरल तकनीक से प्राप्त किया जा सकता है। राजयोग एक ऐसी क्रिया है, जो हमें न्यूनतम अव्यवस्था के साथ जीना सिखाती है, जिससे जीवन में हमें अधिक से अधिक शांति की अनुभूति होती है। यदि हम अपने मन को ‘सीमित संसाधनों के साथ’ जीने के लिए राजी कर लें, तो फिर दुनिया की कोई भी चीज हमें परेशान नहीं कर सकती।
हमारा उद्देश्य अपने विचारों को दबाने का नहीं होना चाहिए, बल्कि हमें धीरे-धीरे और स्वाभाविक रूप से अनावश्यक व व्यर्थ विचारों से खुद को मुक्त करके अपने मन को सांस लेने की खुली जगह देनी है। इस भागती-दौड़ती जिंदगी में ये सारी बातें हमें थोड़ी अवास्तविक और अपनी पहुंच से बाहर लगेंगी, परंतु हमारे विचारों की सादगी हमारे जीवन में दृढ़ता और स्पष्टता लाएगी, जिससे समाधान के अनेक दरवाजे खुल जाएंगे। तो चलिए आज से विचार प्रदूषण में कमी लाने का श्रेष्ठ कार्य करें।
If its meant for you, you will never have to beg for it.
You will never have to sacrifice your dignity for your destiny.
Self-confident people have indestructible self-belief, nothing can take away their feeling of self-worth and they bounce back again and again. You can feel like this. You have all that it takes to go for what you want and to ride the ups and downs that life inevitably brings. No one has a smooth trip but just think how you will feel if you don’t even give yourself a chance to get out there and give things a try!
A person with self-belief:
• Never compares herself with others.
• Knows that she is her own woman and that nobody else can understand her as well as she can.
• Listens to helpful advice and comments but never blindly follows others’ opinions.
• Trusts her instincts and listens to her heart.
• Recognises that she will make mistakes and learns from them and moves on.
• Depends upon her own judgement and always gives herself time to work things through.
• Values rest and relaxation as much as action planning and activity.
• Knows that when she is calm and focused she will make the best decisions.
• Accepts that there will be days when her self-belief is not so strong and will wait until she is feeling more positive before committing herself to any course of action.
When you are high in self-belief you will trust your own thoughts and feelings and will be able to follow through with appropriate action.
- Never stop listening to your own inner voice. – The unhappiest folks are those who care the most about what everyone else thinks – those who let everyone else drown out their own inner voice. So stand strong beside yourself. There’s great freedom in leaving others to their opinions.
- Never stop walking comfortably in your own shoes. – If you don’t follow the path others want you to follow they might become irritated. Don’t worry about it. Let them be. It’s their problem, not yours. So many people seem to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but have no clue how to lead their own. So focus on your inner callings and keep paving your own path. Remember that it is more useful to be aware of a single strength or weakness in yourself than to be aware of a thousand strengths and weaknesses in others.
- Never stop appreciating the life you’re living right now. – Stop rushing. Breathe. Be where you are. You’re where you’re supposed to be at this very moment. Every experience and step is necessary. (Read The Power of Now.)
- Never stop indulging in life’s little daily joys. – Notice what you love, not what you hate. Smile more. Happiness is enjoying the small things in life, all while chasing after the big ones.
- Never stop laughing at yourself and your life situations. – All self-misery has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in taking life too seriously. If you take everything too seriously, especially yourself, you’ll wind up fearing every new step you take. Loosen up and laugh it off if you can – especially when things don’t go as planned. People with a good sense of humor have a better sense of life. You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself and your circumstances.
- Never stop giving your important relationships a fair chance.– It’s impossible to find someone who will never hurt you, so go for ones worth the pain. And remember, without a little pain, joy wouldn’t feel so good.
- Never stop writing your own story, your own way. – When writing the story of your life, never, ever let someone else hold the pen. Make conscious choices every day that align your actions with your values and ambitions. Because the way you live each day is a sentence in the story of your life. Each day you make a choice as to whether the sentence ends with a period, a question mark, or an exclamation point
Source: Marc and Angel Hack Life
Usually when time or schedule does not allow, I write some important part from a film of immense importance and categorizes it as Flashy Film. Al the flashy titles are available under the Category Archives: Flashy Film.
I wanted to change the world…Piercing through the gales, unafraid of anything…Now I hold my courage and pieces of my smile~
It had been more than a year since I first saw Born on the fourth of July but the message this movie brings out is unforgettable. Isn’t it more or less the plight of freedom fighters in all the countries.